"Then she came and worshipped Him, saying, 'Help me, Lord!'" ~Matthew 15:25
I had this verse written on a lime green post it note stuck to my dresser. I now have a curtain that hides this part of my dresser (for my prayer corner :) ), so I haven't looked at it for a while. I've read Matthew a few times since writing this verse down, but the Lord really wanted to highlight it to me this morning. So, as I entered my prayer corner to be with Jesus this morning, I noticed that this sticky note had fallen down my dresser so I could see it under the curtain. I'm not sure how long the green post it had been there, but, like I said, the Lord really wanted to highlight this verse to me today.
I read the verse and thought about how worship and humility go hand-in-hand and whatnot. I've learned this growing up in church, so I didn't think much about it at first.
As I went on with my prayer time, I kept feeling the Lord say "Just be! Just be!" I listened. Then, He kept speaking this verse to me, asking me to ask Him to help me! I realized this is something I don't do enough. I ask Him for help when "I really need it", or I ask Him to help other people, but I don't take the time daily to ask Him to help me, especially when it's something small. Contrary to my own belief, I really need God to help me every single day.
I then began to ask God to help me with nothing in particular at first, then I started realizing the areas where I really needed help, but hadn't asked for it. God's Presence came in so thick in that little corner of my room! At that moment I was so overwhelmed with gratitude toward my wonderful King who will help me everyday. He is drawn to my cries for help!
By asking God for help, you are worshipping Him, not burdening Him, or "making His job harder." He loves to answer your cries for help! Just like the woman in Matthew, worship the Lord by asking Him for help. Your faith and trust can move God to change a situation.
But I am poor and needy;
Yet the LORD thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God. ~Psalm 40:17
No comments:
Post a Comment